Saturday, October 17, 2009

20 Years and Counting


Last weekend was Mick's 2oth HS Reunion. We made it back for all of the festivities despite needing to call for directions when Mick's iPhone led us astray AND being 40+ minutes late! It would've been fine except for the fact that I had been at the district tennis semi/finals all day and had only gotten to eat one measley(sp?) Quaker Oats Granola Bar. Let's just say I did my very best not to turn "Sybilesque" on Mick. (I DID help myself to seconds on dinner without a second thought though!)

Mick did his best to work the room and visit with all of his old pals. I mean, there's alot of pressure reuniting with all of your fellow alums when you were voted "Mr. Pacific" by the whole class. Oh, and need I mention he was also voted Mr. Romantic? Or some title along that line. Yeah...ladies...he's ALL mine now (hee-hee-hee!).


***(Oh wait...I have just been notified by the Mickmeister himself! I need to post edit this post).

As I read this post out loud to him just now, Mick, under his breath and while coughing, said, "AND Homecoming King."

Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.

Whatevah my dear...WHAT-EVAH! Sheesh. Enough already! How many awards can one dude get in a classtime? ;)


Random Thought: I love being the spouse at these events-no pressure for me-I can sit back and just attempt to look pretty...and ahem...young!


Before it was all said and done, Mick and I managed to score a $15 Blockbuster GC for being voted "Best Dressed Couple". Yeah baby...now me and Mista Romantical can go and have a date night-alone...just us and the DVD! Ha! (Post note: Keep your minds out of the gutter here people-I'm talking a PG13 movie; R tops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)