Friday, May 28, 2010

Getting Amped up!



So, this morning Mick and I decided we would let Ian get his birthday present a day early. I scrapped up a handmade card and wrote a little note in it that told Ian how proud we were of him and the "little Dude" he has become. I wrote that with increasing age came increasing responsibilities, including more chores. The card requested that he go put his laundry away and there he might find his gift. As he ran over to the laundry basket I had Mick call my cell phone, which was hidden beneath the clothes. It started ringing as he approached the basket. (Ian's been wanting a cell phone for quite some time). I think his heart started racing...and then skipped a beat or two when he heard the ring. Then he saw it was my phone. I know, wicked, cruel prankster Momma I am, huh? Anyways, I then told him his gift was beneath the towels. There was an amp. He immediately started  tripping out with excitement. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!!!!! Jumping up and down trying to contain his excitement. I then told him to look behind the door to our closet for the rest of his gift. And to his sheer delight, here is what he found:
Excuse the blurry photos-there was a bit o' excitement in da house-lol!
















A sneak peek of the gift!


Ya think this late "tweener" was pleased with his gift?
 I do!!
Here's hoping this Memorial Day weekend is full of family time and remembrance of those who have fought for our freedom and sacrificed so much.
Happy Birthday #12 Ian. You Rock Dude!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)