Thursday, December 23, 2010

No Jacket Required

Today was so mild that the boys were able to enjoy the outdoors, sans their jackets.



I was taking these from inside the "Swaggah Wagon" and decided I just had to get out to capture the moment as it unfolded itself upon my day.







At one point he was up to his waist in snow! Of course, big brother seized the opportunity to rib him about it!



Lots of running and jumping and spraying each other with snow. Little bits of brotherly angst and love all muddled up into one. I just knew as I was taking these pics, of these two brothers totally into their special relationship at that specific place and time, that it was a moment that I would look back and reflect upon for many years to come with the warmth of a momma's heart. The years and days I get with them are fleeting now as they will surely begin spreading their wings and wanting to spend more time with their peers and less time with me. It's all part of the cycle of life, the spinning of time, the changing of the guard. Sigh. Why does the time have to fly by so quickly? Is it so we remember to cherish it and not take it for granted? Just a momma musing out loud on this 22 Day of December.
Happy Holidays everyone! May your days be merry and bright and surrounded by those you love.

I may try to post a few more later, but right now...it's dinnertime!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! Love these pictures. You are right, the time goes so fast. Cherish these moments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)