Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Weekend Lens | Scrappin Getaway

I spent this past weekend down at the cottage with a few of my closest local scrappin sistas. Always a much need reprieve from the everyday little details and schedules of life. Always lots of fellowship chatter, creating into the wee hours of the morning, and great eats.
Here's just a few pics from this weekend. I got quite a bit completed for July's Freehand Scraps' kit (and oh my, can I just say how yummy the color palette is? Why yes, I can! But that's all! Y'all will have to wait a week or two more for the sneaks of the kit).
The basic setup:
 Becky showing us her mom's autograph book from the 1950's. This thing was vintage awesomeness at it's best.
 I even deciphered this cryptic note. Can you?
 The opening page:
A quick capture of Lexi in her magical misting loveliness:
Besides the mists, my vintage typewriter got a bit o use as well:
 A few self timed shots before the gang started for home:
 Becky (aka B Squared), Barb (Sweet B), Suz (me) Lexi and Paula (Sweet P)
 Three different decades sharing the same love of scrapbooking, fellowship, faith and fun.

Here is a quick layout I completed from a collection of Bo Bunny papers and embellies that Sweet P gave me as I little gift. I have another in the works and will post later.




Looking forward to posting a "surprise" creation that I made for my niece who is headed for Europe later on this week. Be back later.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fab time, can't wait to see some of the layouts you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wish I could have joined you all! Looks like some really good times!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)