Saturday, July 07, 2012

Little Black Dress Designs | July DT Gallery

Hi All,
Stopping in here for a quick breather from the stifling heat we've been experiencing here in this part of the world. CRAZY, sweltering heat!

Anyways, the LBD July kit is filled with smoking hot scrapping sassiness that is sure to dress up your summer layouts.

Here's the majority of my gallery. Don't forget to click on the LBD icon link in my sidebar to take you to the other design team members creations and to get yourself a kit or two, find yourself some A/C and start scrapping!

As neon colors are all the rage of late, I was pleased to find the lovely Heidi Swapp Day-Glow neon photo corners in this month's kit. I used up every.single.one!

I loved using them as the "v" in chevrons here:

 And the jumbo Pink Paislee London Markets numbers? Pure awesome sauce. I used several and have plenty left for many more creations.

 This was the first layout I created. I knew immediately the pictures I wanted to use for it. The pics are from my YS's 10th bd celebration at a local arcade called "1984" that is bringing it back old school and merging generations of love for vintage arcade games. The bathrooms are the coolest ever! Glow in the dark foam shapes of Pac-Man characters and Space Invaders.
**Note: Items that aren't in the kit are/will be listed over on the LBD website. For this layout the non-kit items were the Studio Calico "hello" stamp, K& CO washi and the chevron "Duck Tape" (from Wal-mart).




On our road trip to FL, we stopped in Memphis at one of Guy's recommended diners from Diners, Drive-Thru and Dives.

 It did not disappoint! Awesome food. Kinda in the shadier part of town 9bars on many windows of buildings) but the police were there eating lunch and everyone was super friendly, so it was all good.
The boys both said it was the best fried chicken they had ever had.

Close up: A new technique I tried that turned out with just the effect I wanted. I partially cut out the title work using my Silhouette and left the letters in place.
Subtle so the focus remains on the pic.
I channeled my inner "Chabby Chic" and my "Girly Girl" for this card and added vintage type to complement the vintage papers and trims.


My niece, the World Traveler. Oh, the places she went and will go in the future. So excited for her new journeys ahead with college life.





On the road trip home from my niece's grad the boys convinced me to shell out 50 cents to try their hands at the "Crazy Claw" at Steak and Shake. They had some playful fun with the prize Ethan won. The whole.way. home. we go to enjoy the entertaining audio features of the "Big Bang." (Think Abbott and Costello or Laurel and Hardy here. The.whole.way.home. Ha!





That's it for now, I have a mini I may get finished up soon and post here too. But for now, head on over to LBD and check out the creations and inspiration there!

Stay cool!
Suz




1 comment:

  1. Great layouts Suz! Love how you used up all the photo corners and cut that yellow chevron paper into thin strips (on the diner & currently layouts)- might have to go do that if I have any of that paper left.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)