Friday, January 11, 2013

CHA-W 2013 Bound to So Cal | Little Black Dress Jan Kit

Hi All! Stopping by really quick as tomorrow I leave for So Cal and CHA-W 2013. This has been on my Bucket List for several years now, so I am really stoked that I can check it off my "to do" list. But I am here to show you the designs I have created(so far) with January's kit. As you may already know, the kit has arrived a bit late, but it was well worth the wait! Trust me? One of the gems of this kit, besides all of the pretty Glitz designs and pp? The Studio Calico woodgrain roller date stamp. Oh yeah!! Swooning here!

So, moving along, here are my designs:



Loved the Flakey woddgrain Thickers in the kit and the Studio Calico Abroad pp along with Allison Kreft Everyday Eclectic herringbone. I punched out the circle sentiment from the Glitz stickers (it was a doily) to mimic the Florida sun. I popped up the top of the palm tree and the photo for added dimension and to make the pic stand out a bit more. Journaling is on the shipping tag tucked behind the red pp.



This layout was inspired by the GLitz sentiment sticker for the title. I have made a goal to read 26 books this year. I love to read but oftentimes my other recreations get in the way...like scrapbooking, tennis, taekwondo, the lake. Ahem. Still love to get carried away in books though. The people, the places, the fiction! :)


 I used the roller date stamp on the cut up pieces of the Studio Calico Yearbook paper and layered. Silhouette die cut was cut up even more to make the little chevron arrows. (Click on pics to view larger).

 This layout was inspired by the "I Promise" Glitz sticker. Initially I was going to scrapbook about me and my oldest leaving the hospital as I remember thinking as we left the hospital and the 90 degree plus heat hit our faces, the feeling that I would do anything to protect him, to keep him safe, and to take on the world with him. But then, I came across these pics of my boys with my Mick, sharing time together at baseball games (one professional) and my nephew's T-ball game, and I knew they needed to be scrapped. Plus, the pp was begging for masculinity! :) First I cut out the Silhouette globe die and then used the negative to mist a blue circle.Then I place the positive image (the globe die) over it and adhered. I adhered the cool Glitz garland around the globe, added some layers, title work, and journaling (again with the shipping tag) to the layout.


*note: The Geo tag stamp "We Are Here" is a Studio Calico stamp and is not included in the kit.



Did I mention I am also testing for my recommended black belt tonight and fly out to Cali tomorrow morning? Yep. Still packing and practicing my form meaning and forms.
Gotta run. Seriously!

Please let me know what you want to see from CHA and check my Twitter and Instagram feed for the latest and greatest products being debuted. I will try to post here to if I can steal a few minutes away! 

My user Id is: SuzMannecke (no spaces)
Have a beautiful weekend everyone. See ya on the flip side! :)
Suz

2 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous LOs!! Have a great time at CHA!! I so wish I was there too! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really nice designs. Must have taken ages??

    Aussie Andrew

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)