Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy First Day of Summer | Favorites on a Friday

Hi all! Happy "First Day of Summer" to everyone in the Western Hemisphere (and happy Winter to the Eastern!) ;P

Stopping in to share a few projects I have been working on with some of my favorite items from the Come On Get Crafty Shop. With new product being stocked quite frequently now, I am having a hard time choosing which goodies to scrap with first! But here are a few.

(Note: New Freckled Fawn Neon Enamel Dew Drops and washi are due to be in the shop soon. Following my Instagram feed (@SuzMannecke) as well as @ComeOnGet Crafty will help keep you updated with the latest stocked shop items as well as sales and promos! ;)


**Note: Shop Items are linked by simply clicking on each item highlighted in orange below.


LBSSletterStickers

I love that this alpha set has several colors and sizes of alphabets and I have been  picking these stickers up often to use on my Project Life spreads, on my layouts, and on my cards to add sentiments as shown below:
COGCFFPIERLILYB
*Note: To make the sun, I used some gelatos to color  & paint in yellow and orange hues and then stitched the sunbeams over the top.
COGCPIERLILB2
I also used some adorable die cuts from the Crate Paper Pier Ephemera pack on this card.
CPPierEphemera

Being that we are "Lake Lovers" here in the Ozarks, I couldn't wait to get my hands on some of the Pebbles Lakeside Collection too. I have lots of plans for this collection making it into the pages of my Project Life and elsewhere. :)  Here I have used a few of the journal cards from the Lakeside Journal and Quote Book.
LakesideJounralQuotes

I simply added a bit of embellishments, machine stitching, and then journaled away. Easy peasy. Each card took only a few minutes (and by this I mean less than 5 minutes including the stitching) to create.
FFCOGCLAKESIDE
LifeLakeCOGCPLcard
PLCOGCLifelake
Another favorite of mine continues to be epoxy brads. The above "Hello Lovely" brad is from the  shop item: Studio Calico Atlantic Epoxy Brads.
SCATlanticepoxybrads_edited-1
And lastly, a favorite patterned paper of mine; Lakeside Chalkboard.  I know Ginny has highlighted this particular paper in the past as one of her faves too, but I wanted to share with you what I have done with the paper to customize it a bit. 
When I first saw this paper, I knew I wanted to use it as the intro page to an album I am creating on "Our Summers." I broke open my new Copic markers and colored in some of the words to have them pop out as the title and then colored in all of the stars too. 
Lakesidechalkboard
COGCFFLakesideChalboard1
COGCFFLAKEsidechalkboard
Quick and easy to do and I think it has a pretty fun effect. Opposite this page I have started a collage of pics from various summers past, and plan to make a fun page of those pics mixed with embellies from the Lakeside and Atlantic collection. I will be sure to post that layout in the inspiration gallery as soon as it is completed. ;)
So, what are your plans for this "First Day of Summer" weekend? Does it involve lake time? Or scrapping? Or both? Whatever it is, enjoy!! :)
Suz's name for blog

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that card and what you did with the doilies!! It's GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your sun!! so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)