Saturday, August 10, 2013

Elle's Studio August Gallery Plus A New Option!

Happy Saturday everyone! This Sat is particular fun and exciting because it is the reveal and launch of Elle's Studio August KitS! Yes, you read that right! KITS! Elle's Studio now offers another exciting kit, a layout kit to help you get even more memories documented!





And here is the August PL Kit! Both are on sale now over at Elle's Studio. Remember, the PL Kit is $9.99 only until midnight today, and then the price goes up to $11.99! 

Here is the AUGUST KIT that is on sale now!






And here are my August Design Team Gallery designs for this month:


First up is a layout  about my DH, our eighteen years of marriage, and our anniversary trip we took to Vegas a few weeks ago. My journaling (on the vellum "special notes" kind of is a reminder to us that we need to take time for each other and do things just with each other more than we have. Never having family super close to us physically, we have not had that many date nights or weekends alone since the boys came along. That's 15 years people! We both had a wonderful time together in Vegas, and we decided two things: 1. We need to do this more often (not necessarily a big trip-but alone time together) and 2. We still kinda like each other. Like. A lot. :)

This is my most detailed layout of my gallery. I actually used gelatos  to paint an ombre effect on the die cut and then applied glazing medium over the top to add a big of sheen and dimension. (*IRL= more dramatic effect). I also machine stitched around the love. (Also, a much more obvious and fun effect IRL). I used the Cameron stamps with Frosted White Cat's Eye ink along with some Prima Chalk Old Road to stamp onto the layout. Mist used was SC Mr. Huey's Clay. The moon stamp is from Studio Calico (Old kit-Paper Moon, I believe). A few Freckled Fawn Stars and MME enamel dots, some more machine stitching and done.
PHOTO CREDIT: The lovely and talented Jen Haggerty. Thanks so much Jen!







Another layout using the adorable Cameron pp below. This layout highlights a road trip stop we made to the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola on a family trip we took to Florida last summer. *Perfect travel destination for this momma to boys! ;)

I cut up the patterned paper to resemble pieces of a crumbling brick wall and stitched around the sentiments for added texture to the page and to highlight them a bit. Mr Huey's Dewey and Prima Chalk Ink Teal Damask coordinated nicely with the patterned paper.



*Note: Cloud stamps are from American Crafts Amy Tangerine.


 And here's a birthday card I created | "Time 2 Celebrate":



I used my cameo to cut the title, then back it with pp and sewed down a few tidbits. Stamped the clock image ad added some enamel dots and called it complete!


This layout takes me back to my cleaner and simpler days with a simple grid design using several tags. A bit of stitching and stamping and wood veneers finished it up nicely. 

My journaling documents a few facts about my YS at the age he was in this picture. *sigh



Not to leave out the last member of my family of four, here is a layout of my OS and his best friend on his 15th birthday. The inspiration for this layout was the packaging of the new skate wheels he bought for his board and the "Best BrOTHER" (Best Other Brother). I stitched around the word "other" in brother and the journaling  beneath the title tag better explains the title meaning. ;)





Below is my PL spread using a fair amount of the August kit as well as some tidbits from July's. I actually have three locations where I have implemented hidden journaling on my spread.

(*Click on any image to view larger).


 Noted below are the locations along with close ups of two of them.





 And there you have it! My August DT gallery! I hope it has left you a little bit inspired. Please be sure to head on over to the Elle's Studio Design Team Gallery and leave some love on the other design team members' creations! And if you are still with me, there is more!!! Check out the deal below:






Ok, now, I am really done! Have a super scrappy Saturday! Thanks for stopping by. :)




1 comment:

  1. So awesome! Love all the hidden journaling! You rocked it this month for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)