Friday, September 13, 2013

Remembering 9.11 | Jenni Bowlin Studios


I have often thought many times over the years about documenting this day, but have put it off because it is still so raw to me. I am sure I am not alone in these thoughts. But, I decided, it was time for me to get started. Each in his or her own time.
COGC911full

SHOP ITEMS USED: Jenni Bowlin Tiny Trims Gold, Jenni Bowlin Sequins, Studio Calico Glitter Stars, Bella Blvd patterned paper

 *****PHOTO CREDIT: NICOLE GOULD US AIR FORCE*****
I began by laying down some modeling paste for my base and then began painting with metallic gold watercolors over it. Before it dried I placed some vellum stars and gold sequins onto the modeling paste (which acted like an adhesive). COGC911.2

COGC911.3

COGC911.5
Then I applied the gold banner sentiment rub-ons from JBS. Next, I dropped mist splatters using Heidi Swapp's gold Color Shine and added the vellum numbers for the date (The vellum stars and numbers were cut from my Silhouette).
COGC911.4

Then I added Studio Calico glitter stars and Amy Tangerine skyline rub-on, painting in the windows of the building with the metallic gold watercolor paint. I backed my photo with Bella Blvd pp and added the photo to a folded 6x8 piece of cardstock where my journaling will be placed. (Many strong feelings to document as I was very pregnant with my Ethan at the time and my DH had been to the Pentagon the Fri before the attacks and had flown across country to San Fransisco the very day before the attacks. Many emotions. Too difficult to document for me back then. Hopefully I can now. Twelve. Years. Later). 

So, where were you when the world stopped turning? Have you documented this day in some way?


Thanks for stopping by. Love and Blessings.

Suz

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so amazing and such an awesome tribute to 9/11. I love the gold and everything you did. A.MA.ZING. My husband had worked at World Trade Center One in 1997 for a few months. He still has his badge that allows him to ride the elevators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout! What a wonderful way to remember. I was at work, just a couple miles from the Pentagon on 9/11. They evacuated our building, and I was on the way home when the first tower fell. I have not scrapped/journaled that story, but I really should. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)