Friday, January 03, 2014

Cocoa Daisy Kits | 2014 Blueprint Reveal

Happy New Year All! I hope 2014 is off to a fresh new start for you. I am so excited to be official with Cocoa Daisy and to share with you my first Cocoa Design Team Gallery creations! I hope you leave here a bit inspired and ready to create! :)

I created my January gallery using the Day In The Life Kit,  Main Kit; Blueprint, as well as the patterned paper add-on kit; Graphite.


First up, I must share that I created my gallery from the road as we were away on travel. I took an Iris container that held my kits, my Selphy CP900 wireless printer, my portable vintage typewriter,  my Brother (portable sewing machine) my tiny attacher, black pen, adhesive, some spray mist,and a few pre-printed photos. No Silhouette, so I was a bit roughin' it, but I still had a bunch of fun creating with these kits regardless. :)


So,  to bring in the New Year in fun fashion, I created my 2014 title page for my PL/ Day In The Life album.


My inspiration for this layout was the super fun Amy Tangerine Cut and Paste blocked paper from the main kit; Blueprint, and the January 2014 DITL cards. I used the flair from this month's kit as well as the DITL monthly stamps (stamped in ombre fashion) and stitched around many of the blocked patterns in the Cut & Paste paper. I pop-dotted the "Hello 2014" card for added dimension and added the exclusive kit flair from the main Blueprint kit along with some stash embellishments and my hoarded herd of wood veneer bucks. I used the kraft Basic Grey Micro alphas from Blueprint to spell out "Simplify"-my One Little Word for this year.
*The glittered snowflake ornament (top left) is one I bought from Michael's and is not part of the Cocoa Daisy kits.

I used my Creative Memories circle cutter to cut out the circle for our family photo and machine stitched around it after centering and adhering the photo behind the patterned paper.



 The camera was cut from the Crate Paper patterned paper in the kit. Below I used the versatile months of the year from the DITL kit in an ombre fashion:

The day I took these photos was overcast, so the images are darker than they are IRL. Sorry about that. It is what it is.


Here is my DITL spread:




I used more of the kit stamps on the page below ("Dec" and chevron arrows on each side of "how I feel" as well as all three arrows on bottom left journaling card.



I love, love, love the wood veneers in the kit and in the shop this month (here)! Hashtags, ampersands, "@"s and geotags oh my!
I couldn't resist adding a few of the geotags  to the "o"s here:





Next up is a fun card I created using the Basic Grey items in the main kit; Blueprint. I simply cut in half the mint colored Capture tags and arranged them to resemble a snowflake. I placed the Micro letters in the center for the sentiment, stitched along the base of the card, misted, and added a few punched starbursts/snowflakes and enamel dots to the centers of the tabs. So love the collection of Basic Grey items in this month's Blueprint kit.




This layout was made using the DITL kit and a few pieces of the patterned papers from the Graphite Add-on.  I decided to cut up one of the journaling cards into strips and made a pocket from another DITL card to house the journaling. Lots of reflecting back on 2013 and moving forward to 2014. I always enjoy doing year end-new beginning layouts and looking back at them a year or more later.









So, for this layout, I took full advantage of the awesomeness that is the talent of Stephanie Wheeler and this month's exclusive Cocoa Daisy patterned papers.



I cut up the Study Hall paper and played off it's circular elements for this "Star Trek" themed layout. I decided to raise it up off the page by adhering foam adhesive behind it.

 I really enjoyed fussy cutting the hexagon exclusive paper and used a few pieces to continue drawing the eye upwards to my title work and to the idea of the boys being "beamed up" along with the other members of the U.S.S. Enterpise.





I used the manilla tag in the kit to add a subtitle/quote from the movie "Live Long and Prosper." Loved the subtle effect that gold ink had on the stamps from Blueprint as well. I used them to house the names of each of the boys.



I have a few other creations that I have made with my January Cocoa Daisy Kits. I will be back a little bit later to share them with you here. In the meantime, you can find more inspiration from my fellow Daisy Designers here and January's Guest Designer; Ann Marie (Morris) Espinosa's gallery can be found here.


and the kits are for sale here.

I will be hosting a Sketch Challenge on the Cocoa Daisy blog next week, January 7th. Be sure to stop by and play along. You could win $10 to the Cocoa Daisy Boutique! ;) Happy Friday all!


Suz





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate and read everyone of the comments you leave here. :)